Preparing for national climate change legislation and new clean energy laws can be daunting. Analysis Group has supported clients facing strategic, regulatory, and litigation challenges related to:
- Climate policies at the federal, regional, and state level
- Renewable portfolio standards
- Analysis of specific renewable technologies and associated energy infrastructures
- Technologies, programs, and policies for energy efficiency
- Impacts on energy-intensive, trade-exposed industries
- Interactions of regulatory and market design and clean energy development
Assessing Market Impact of Greenhouse Gas Legislation
Analysis Group advised one of the nation’s largest power companies on the implications of national greenhouse gas cap-and-trade legislation for regional and state electricity rates and generation plant asset values.
Some of our recent engagements have included modeling economy-wide energy savings from a large technology firm’s portfolio of energy-efficient products and services; conducting a CO2 emissions policy analysis for a regional electricity generator; assessing cost-recovery policies for renewable energy credits; supporting a long-term contract for renewable power; and analyzing financial incentives for electric and gas utilities to invest in energy efficiency and other demand-side resources.