Analysis Group to Present New Research on Comparative Effectiveness and Health Outcomes at International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research Annual Meeting
Expertise in Health Outcomes Research Displayed in Multiple Podium Presentations and 24 Poster Presentations
Date:May 15, 2013
Boston -- Members of Analysis Group's Health Care practice will moderate a podium session, present five podium presentations, and exhibit 24 posters at the International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR) 18th Annual International Meeting in New Orleans, May 20--22, 2013. The firm's significant presence at ISPOR highlights its depth and breadth of experience in outcomes research and reinforces its position as a leader in this field.
The conference theme, "Patient-Centered Outcomes: Focusing on the Patient," highlights the growing importance of patient-centered outcomes in research, evidence, and drug development for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries.
Managing Principal Mei Sheng Duh will moderate "Comparative Effectiveness Research Studies" (May 20, Podium Session II).
Analysis Group consultants will cover a variety of topics in their workshop series:
- "Direct and Indirect Cost Burden of Chronic Hepatitis C Stratified by Liver Disease Severity in Privately Insured Patients" (May 20, Podium Session II) will highlight research led by a team including Dr. Duh
- "Beyond Average Adherence: Temporal Patterns of Medication Adherence Predict Hospitalization Risk More Accurately than the Medication Possession Ratio" (May 20, Podium Session II) will be discussed by Vice President James Signorovitch and a colleague
- "Treating Acute Heart Failure in the Elderly: A Comparison of Three Inpatient Treatment Alternatives in the United States" (May 21, Podium Session III) will be presented by Vice President Francis Vekeman and his research team
- "Burden of Schizophrenia on Selected Comorbidities Costs" (May 21, Podium Session III) will be led by Senior Economist Marie-Hélène Lafeuille and colleagues
- "Medical, Drug, and Work-Loss Costs of Diabetic Foot Ulcers" (May 21, Podium Session III) will be presented by Manager Brad Rice and colleagues
Analysis Group's Health Care Consulting practice will present 24 posters focused on various treatment patterns and cost-of-illness studies associated with diabetes, melanoma and other cancers, lupus, depression, schizophrenia, pain management, and opioid abuse, as well as workplace productivity loss, comparative effectiveness, and health care resource utilization. Among the posters to be presented:
- A study led by Principal Howard Birnbaum that calculates payer-specific excess medical costs of diagnosed opioid abuse among commercially insured, Medicaid, and Medicare patients with recent prescription opioid use in the United States (Poster PSY75)
- A study that estimates the trend in direct and indirect costs among patients with diabetes in urban China from 2009 to 2011, led by Managing Principal Eric Qiong Wu (Poster PDB34)
- A study that describes the real-world clinical complications associated with recurrent venous thromboembolism and quantifies the incremental direct all-cause and disease-related health care costs associated with the disease, with a research team including Vice President Patrick Lefebvre (Poster PHS15)
A presentation guide of Analysis Group's podium and poster presentations can be downloaded from the firm's website.
About Analysis Group
Analysis Group provides health outcomes research and economic consulting to leading corporations, organizations, and government agencies. The firm has more than 600 professionals, with offices nationally in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Menlo Park, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C.; and internationally in Beijing and Montreal.