Our experts, both on staff and from leading academic institutions, have worked on behalf of clients being investigated by government agencies in the context of mergers and acquisitions and alleged anticompetitive activity.
We have also provided economic analyses of antitrust and competition issues for agencies including the U.S. Department of Justice, the Federal Trade Commission, and the Federal Communications Commission.
This work has included:
- Assisting joint venture partners in a Federal Trade Commission investigation of allegations involving potentially anticompetitive conduct
- Conducting analysis of the potential competitive effects of a merger in the context of the overall competitiveness of the market
- Testifying at trial on behalf of the U.S. Department of Justice
- Supporting experts in consumer surveys to understand customer preferences for payment cards and in analyzing the competitive effects of business practices in the payment card industry
- Developing an innovative new tool for the analysis of gross upward pricing pressure in a vertical acquisition