Accounting Liability Issues
Analysis Group brings the appropriate blend of litigation experience and technical expertise to accounting liability issues and damages analyses, as we employ a broad range of forensic and investigative techniques.
Our affiliates, some of whom have worked for the Securities and Exchange Commission, provide expertise in assessing specialized issues such as accounting for derivatives, tax effects of accounting decisions, and corporate governance. Our professional staff, which
includes Ph.D.s in accounting, CPAs, CMAs, and CFAs, works closely with our academic affiliates.
We have examined many complex accounting liability issues, including:
- Company financial statements to determine compliance with GAAP
- Whether certain financial information, such as data suggesting an imminent bankruptcy, was publicly available
- The materiality of adverse events
- Firms' accounting for financial derivatives, in which we have measured the effects of the firms' choices on their financial statements
- Purchase price disputes involving proper calculation of post-closing adjustments