Senior Advisor, Menlo Park
- What was your career path to Analysis Group?
- I received my Ph.D. in labor and econometrics from the University of Michigan and wanted a non-academic career. After looking at various opportunities, I ended up choosing health care and started working on strategic policy with the American Medical Association. After that, I took a consulting job, focusing on public policy. And then I worked for Genentech.
Throughout the changes in my career, I have always maintained the perspective of an economist and concentrated on one question: Where is the market going? My pursuit of the answer to that question led me to Analysis Group, and I haven’t looked back. I have always been lucky in that I have consistently worked at interesting places with very smart people.
- What advice would you give to new staff joining Analysis Group?
- In every situation at Analysis Group, you will learn something new. There are always things to learn and different ways to contribute, so try to stay open-minded as you take on new projects. Analysis Group is all about incredible people doing smart things, and I’m convinced that’s why people stay.
- What do you do when you’re not working?
- I’m passionate about traveling to new places and exploring the culinary world. I also love San Francisco and appreciate everything from exploring new restaurants to getting out to wine country and just enjoying the gorgeous Northern California coastline.