Associate, New York
- Why did you choose Analysis Group?
- I decided to join Analysis Group because it was an opportunity to apply the skills I learned in graduate school to interesting, challenging, and impactful cases. I was also impressed by the emphasis on a culture that values its employees and their professional development.
- What do you work on at Analysis Group?
- I work on a wide assortment of matters in litigation. Recently I have worked on cases in antitrust and competition, commercial disputes, intellectual property, and finance. I’ve developed expertise in a variety of industries such as health care insurance, chemicals, and technology, and I’ve applied statistical methods and economic arguments in these matters.
- What new experiences have you had since joining the firm?
- I’ve had a number of leadership and managerial opportunities and have gained experience working with affiliates and clients. Analysis Group welcomes employee input into the firm’s growth and long-term direction, so I’ve been deeply involved in initiatives such as recruiting and technical training. Analysis Group also organizes fun social activities throughout the year – highlights have included an urban farm tour, an archery class, and the annual ski trip. The welcoming office environment, professional opportunities, and enjoyable group events have helped me bond closely with colleagues, learn about diverse perspectives that contribute to the vibrant office culture, and become more involved in my community.
- Have you had any surprises or breakthroughs since joining Analysis Group?
- Because I get to work on a variety of matters, I’ve found myself learning things I didn’t think I would while working at an economics consulting firm. For example, I learned how corporate governance works at Fortune 500 companies, and the process through which private companies become public. In an intellectual property case, I learned how seemingly unknown patents and inventions are actually in the products we use in day-to-day life.