Associate, Los Angeles
- Why did you choose Analysis Group?
- I did an internship as a summer associate and really enjoyed the experience, so I was happy to return as a full-time associate after business school. The culture was a big factor in my decision to come back. I was drawn to the firm’s rigorous approach to problem solving, as well as its collaborative and friendly culture. And I like how Analysis Group’s open staffing model lets me be selective about the cases I work on.
- What do you enjoy most about your work? What do you find most challenging?
- I really enjoy the diverse mix of cases and talented people I work with. I also love how I’m constantly learning new things here. The most challenging thing is how unpredictable our case schedules can be. I deal with this by deciding what’s important in my life, and taking on a balanced work load that allows time for those things. The flexible labor market allows me to have at least some control over how much I am working.
- What new experiences have you had since joining Analysis Group?
- In our office we have a “mock case” for the summer associate interns, which is based on a real case. It gives the interns a chance to request data, develop arguments, conduct analyses, and ultimately write a report. I helped administer the mock case and enjoyed getting to know and interact with all the summer associates. I also had the opportunity to be a peer mentor to a summer associate, which was rewarding. Since I went through the internship experience myself, I’m glad I got to play a role in ensuring a great experience for someone else.
- What do you think of the case team dynamic?
- I think our relatively flat organization is really good for the case team. I find that team members, regardless of title or seniority, are respectful of each other and value new ideas and open discussion. That leads to better ideas and ultimately a stronger work product.
- What is it like to work in your office?
- The culture in the Los Angeles office is casual and social with lots of office activities and events, and at the same time everyone works very hard. There is definitely a work hard/play hard culture here. We have epic summer and holiday parties that everyone looks forward to.