Edi M. Grgeta
Ph.D., economics, The University of Chicago; B.A., mathematics, and B.S., economics, George Washington University
Summary of Experience
Dr. Grgeta has experience in finance, securities, antitrust, and labor economics. He has served as an expert and testified on antitrust issues and damages, managed case teams in support of academic and industry experts, and provided consulting assistance to attorneys. Dr. Grgeta holds a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Chicago, and is a CFA charterholder.
In finance and securities matters, Dr. Grgeta has valued businesses and assets, scrutinized debt covenants, analyzed investment strategies, evaluated compliance with investment policies, assessed the suitability of complex securities, conducted statistical sampling analyses, addressed class certification issues, and measured damages. He has supported experts in bankruptcy-related litigation including cases involving Lehman Brothers, Caesars Entertainment Corporation, GenOn Energy, and others. In antitrust matters, he has testified on the competitiveness of contract provisions and consulted on class certification and damages issues in numerous industries. In labor and employment cases, Dr. Grgeta has designed and valued executive compensation and worked on lost wages, pension benefits, and off-the-clock work.
- Alfa Gomma, S.P.A. v. Veyance Technologies, Inc.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota et al v. Wells Fargo Bank N.A.
- Debt Covenant Litigations Involving Caesars
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation as Receiver for Vantus Bank v. Officers and Directors of Vantus Bank
- In re: Alere-Abbott Merger Litigation
- Jacobson et al v Board of Education of the City of Chicago
- Morgantown OL1 LLC, et al. v. GenOn Mid-Atlantic LLC, et al.
Law360, January 29, 2019
Journal of Corporate Renewal, November/December 2017
Grgeta, E., Danilov, K., Colorado, C.
May 16, 2019
January 30, 2019
March 05, 2018
November 28, 2017
August 18, 2016