M.B.A., The University of Chicago Booth School of Business; B.A., economics and international relations, Carleton College
Summary of Experience
Ms. Cotton has extensive experience conducting complex quantitative and qualitative analyses of data in both mergers and litigation matters. She has supported experts from leading universities and managed case teams in a broad range of industries on matters including antitrust, bankruptcy, class certification, intellectual property, securities, survey design, tax, and transfer pricing. Her recent case work has included the assessment of competitive effects in major antitrust matters and mergers; analysis of Federal Trade Commission merger compliance; litigation related to the Lehman bankruptcy; managing the independent evaluation of massive amounts of data in a major antitrust matter; and the determination of arm's-length pricing in a large US transfer pricing matter. Ms. Cotton also has substantial experience evaluating questions of commonality and typicality in the context of privacy, technology, and overcharge class actions.
- AbbVie Inc.'s Acquisition of Allergan PLC
- Cintas Corporation Acquisition of GK Services
- Denimafia Inc v New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc et al and New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc v Denimafia Inc
- Discovery Communications, Inc. Acquisition of Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc.
- Kenneth Hobbs v Brother International Corporation et al
- Lightbourne v. CBS Interactive, et al.
- Pirnik v. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV, et al.
- US, et al. v. UnitedHealth Group Inc., et al.
- WEX Inc Acquisition of Electronic Funds Source LLC
Retail Landscape Changes May Affect Kroger-Albertsons Deal
Economic Evidence and Modern Antitrust
CPI Antitrust Chronicle, March 2021
United States: Platform Economics and Mergers
Global Competition Review, Digital Markets Guide, Edition 1, November 2021
The Tyranny of Market Shares: Incorporating Survey-Based Evidence into Merger Analysis
Corporate Disputes, Jul-Sep 2018
The assessment of mergers in online and offline retail sales: Are new tools needed for the economist’s toolbox?
Concurrences No. 3 - 2018
Cotton E, Fix A
New Technologies and Obsolete Analyses: Internet Search and the Analysis of Market Definition
American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law, The Economics Committee Newsletter, Winter 2017
September 12, 2018
August 20, 2021
February 27, 2023
January 31, 2023
January 30, 2023
December 8, 2021
June 2, 2021
April 6, 2021