M.B.A., The University of Chicago Booth School of Business; M.A., international economics and finance, and B.A., economics, Brandeis University
Summary of Experience
Mr. Korman is an expert on issues related to regulatory, antitrust, and securities matters – with extensive experience analyzing market power in wholesale electric power markets. He has analyzed such markets in several mergers and acquisitions (M&A) proceedings, and supported the preparation of numerous wholesale power market analyses related to company applications for market-based rate authority from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). He has provided testimony on these issues to FERC on several occasions.
Mr. Korman has extensive experience with securities litigation. This experience includes performing damages exposure analyses and supporting experts in their preparation of testimony and reports on class certification and damages in numerous Rule 10b-5 and Section 11 matters. In the securities fraud class action matter T. Jeffrey Simpson, et al. v. Homestore.Com, Inc., et al., he supported an expert testifying at trial and in post-trial motions to show that Analysis Group’s client owed no damages. Mr. Korman has also worked on a number of antitrust cases involving allegations of price-fixing, market manipulation, predatory pricing, and attempted monopolization, as well as M&A analyses. In the P&O Princess/Carnival Corporation merger, he was a member of the Analysis Group team that supported an academic affiliate and developed an economic analysis of the cruise industry to evaluate the competitive effects of potential industry consolidation.
- Assessing California Electricity Markets
- BMG Rights Management et al v Cox Communications
- FERC Delivered Price Test and Other Market Power Analyses in Wholesale Electric Markets
- FERC Market-Based Rate Applications for Renewable Energy Power Plants
- FERC v National Fuel Marketing LLC
- In re: TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litigation
- Nevada Power Rate Proceeding
- Shareholder Derivative Suit Following an Operational Incident
- Solyndra Antitrust Litigation
- T. Jeffrey Simpson, et al. v. Homestore.Com, Inc., et al.
- US Securities and Exchange Commission vs. Elon Musk
American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law, The Economics Committee Newsletter, Winter 2017
Litigation Services Handbook: Sixth Edition
Today's General Counsel, February/March 2013
July 10, 2019
June 01, 2017
March 02, 2017