Ph.D., finance, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; B.S., finance, Virginia Tech
Summary of Experience
Dr. Cliff, a financial economist, has extensive experience with sophisticated econometric models and large financial data sets. He has expertise in a range of topics, including asset valuation, derivatives, mergers and acquisitions, stock analysts' recommendations, initial public offerings, mortgage insurance, executive compensation, real estate investment trusts, and hedge funds. His consulting engagements include the evaluation of investment strategies, damages modeling, business and asset valuation, analysis of complex financial structures, analysis of solvency and debt covenants, and 10b-5 cases. In those assignments, he has managed case teams, designed and performed analyses supporting export reports, critiqued opposing expert reports, and assisted with preparation for depositions and trial. Prior to joining Analysis Group, Dr. Cliff was a finance professor for nine years at Purdue University and Virginia Tech. His academic research has been published in leading journals such as the Journal of Finance, Journal of Business, and Financial Management.
- Analysis of Investment Performance
- Huff Fund Investment Partnership v. CKx, Inc.
- In Re Appraisal of Dell Inc
- In re Appraisal of PetSmart Inc 2017 BL 177567 Del Ch No 10782
- In re: Appraisal of Solera Holdings, Inc.
- US Commodity Futures Trading Commission v. Donald R. Wilson and DRW Investments, LLC
- Veleron Holding, BV v. BNP Paribas SA et al.
January 11, 2019
August 02, 2018
December 21, 2017
September 22, 2017
June 12, 2017