Ph.D. and M.A., economics, University of Connecticut; B.A., international business, Beihang University
Summary of Experience
Dr. Dawson has extensive experience consulting with clients and conducting economic analysis in a broad range of cases, including intellectual property, class certification, false advertising, securities, and finance matters. In these engagements, Dr. Dawson has supported counsel in all phases of the litigation process – understanding complex claims, assisting with fact and expert discovery, and providing trial support. She has managed teams of professionals in making convincing and well-supported arguments, constructing rigorous damages models, and critiquing the opposing expert reports. Some examples of the issues on which she has provided consulting services include evaluating patent holders’ lost profits damages in patent infringement matters, evaluating whether putative class members’ economic damages can be determined on a class-wide basis, analyzing the price impact of alleged misrepresentations, determining loss causation and damages in securities fraud matters, ascertaining whether an alleged false advertisement has caused economic harm to a plaintiff, and assessing the magnitude of such harm, if any. Dr. Dawson has served as a testifying expert in cases involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and damages calculations. She has also testified in arbitration.
- Batsheva Ackerman et al. v. The Coca-Cola Company and Energy Brands Inc.
- Bedrock Computer Technologies, LLC v. Google Inc.
- Bedrock Computer Technologies, LLC v. Yahoo!
- Colgate v. Procter & Gamble Company
- Evan Weiner et al. v. Snapple Beverage Corporation
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation as Receiver for Vantus Bank v. Officers and Directors of Vantus Bank
- Fresh Del Monte Produce, Inc. v. Del Monte Foods Co., et al.
- In re: Starz Stockholder Litigation
- Panjing Dongxing Oil Well Measure Service Co. Ltd. v. PetroChina Inc.
- SP Syntax (Silver Point Capital, L.P.) v. Ernst & Young, LLP
- The Board of Trustees of the Southern California IBEW-NECA Defined Contribution Plan et al. v. The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation et al.
- Tyco Healthcare Group LP, et al. v. Ethicon Endo-Surgery Inc.
Journal of Managed Care and Specialty Pharmacy. 2017;23(2):225-235
Assessment of real-world central nervous system events in patients with advanced prostate cancer using abiraterone acetate, bicalutamide, enzalutamide, or chemotherapy
American Health and Drug Benefits. 2017;10(3):143-152
Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, February 2008
Dawson N, Segerson K