Energy & Environment Litigation
Analysis Group regularly provides litigation consulting and expert testimony on a diverse set of complex energy- and environment-related matters, including some of the highest-profile litigations and investigations in recent years. The depth of our understanding of and experience in these markets – including electricity and renewables, oil and natural gas, and water – in addition to our expertise in associated environmental considerations, allow us to explain issues in ways that are easily accessible and relevant to judges, juries, regulators, and other stakeholders.
We are known for the rigor of our analyses and for our ability to bring highly specialized expertise drawn both from our consultants and from our large network of leading industry experts and academic affiliates.
Our energy and environment litigation work often intersects with related practice areas, including:
- Market manipulation and related government and corporate investigations
- Antitrust and competition claims
- Securities claims
- Bankruptcy litigation
- Business enterprise and other valuation issues
- Damages assessments
- Commercial disputes
- International arbitration
Click here for examples of our litigation work related to Energy & Environment.
City of Claremont v. Golden State Water Company
- AG Feature Alleged Market Manipulation in Energy Markets
State of North Carolina, ex rel. Roy Cooper, Attorney General, v. Tennessee Valley Authority
Managing Multiple Expert Witnesses: Best Practices and PitfallsAmerican Bar Association Section of Litigation, The Woman Advocate, August 17, 2017
Economic Analysis in a Water Rights Dispute
- Featured Expert Christopher R. Knittel George P. Shultz Professor, MIT Sloan School of Management; Director, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Co-Faculty Director, The E2e Project