Our experts, both internally and from leading academic institutions, have worked on behalf of clients being investigated by government agencies in the context of mergers and acquisitions and alleged anticompetitive activity.
We have also provided economic analyses of antitrust and competition issues for government agencies in the United States, Canada, and Europe.
This work has included:
- Assisting joint venture partners in a Federal Trade Commission (FTC) investigation of allegations involving potentially anticompetitive conduct
- Conducting analyses of national regional competition, pricing, and contracting before the FTC and Canadian Competition Board (CCB)
- Assessing and testifying about cognizable efficiencies and their incorporation into a competitive effects analysis in the energy and maritime industries
- Analyzing market definition and competitive effects in support of an FTC investigation of a health care merger
- Testifying at trial for merger reviews by the US Department of Justice (DOJ) and FTC in health insurance, chemicals, broadcast media, and other industries
- Supporting experts in consumer surveys to understand customer preferences that define competitive constraints in the consumer products, payment card, and retail industries
- Developing an innovative new tool for the analysis of gross upward pricing pressure in a vertical acquisition
Toyota Industries and Cascade Corporation Transaction
- Featured Expert Edward A. Snyder Indra K. Nooyi Dean and William S. Beinecke Professor of Economics and Management, Yale School of Management
U.S. et al. v. Anthem Inc. et al.
Cintas Corporation Acquisition of G&K Services
U.S. DOJ v. MasterCard International and Visa
- AG Feature Exclusionary Abuses and Multi-sided Platforms