We conduct damages analyses based on the facts and issues surrounding liability. Our expertise lies in our ability to demonstrate how actions leading to liability also affect the measurement of damages.
Our experience includes:
- Assessment of how accounting misstatements affect stock prices and/or compensation of senior officers
- Measurement of actual losses suffered by large groups of shareholders or debt holders
- Critique of plaintiffs' damages models
- Analysis of damages in an affirmative fashion – i.e., measuring damages properly under various liability scenarios
We also have extensive experience serving as arbitrators or expert witnesses in the arbitration of accounting disputes.
- Featured Expert Mark H. Egland Managing Principal, Los Angeles
"Winstar" Damages Litigation
- Featured Expert Thomas Lys Eric L. Kohler Emeritus Chair in Accounting and Professor of Accounting Information & Management, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University; Professor of Law (by courtesy), Northwestern University Law School
Valassis Communications, Inc. v. ADVO, Inc.
- Featured Expert Roman L. Weil V. Duane Rath Professor Emeritus of Accounting, The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
In re Clarent Corporation Securities Litigation