Policy & Strategy
For decades, US- and Europe-based technology companies have benefited from our in-depth qualitative and quantitative analyses of the market dynamics in this industry. Our policy and strategy work has included the development of models to analyze the impact of technological change on firms and industries; supply- and demand-side drivers in the technology industry; the impact of changes in market structure on consumer welfare and firm profits; and the effects of policies and regulations on technology companies.
Our project teams are frequently led by external experts with a deep understanding of the specific issues at-hand. Working on behalf of clients such as Google, Apple, Facebook, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), and technology industry associations, our recent project work has included:
- Analyzing the impact of patent litigation on innovation in the US
- Quantifying the employment impact of a large technology company's partnerships with local economies
- Conducting assessments and providing recommendations to improve the governance of technology-oriented organizations
- Examining the effect of broadband competition on US residential customers
- Calculating economic impacts associated with virtual and augmented reality
- Publishing The Economic Impacts of Reallocating Mid-Band Spectrum to 5G in the United States White Paper, February 2019"
- Featured Expert Steven Tadelis Professor of Economics, Business and Public Policy and James J. and Marianne B. Lowrey Chair in Business, Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley
- Featured Expert Greg Rafert Vice President, Denver