Vice President, Washington, DC
- Why did you join Analysis Group?
- My first real exposure to Analysis Group was through one of my professors at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, where I was pursuing my M.B.A. Ray Ball is an expert affiliated with Analysis Group and works on a lot of projects with the firm. The job description seemed to fit well with my interests, and when an opportunity came to interview, I was convinced Analysis Group would be a great choice. The company hit all the requirements I had for starting my post-M.B.A. career.
- What do you work on?
- Over the last few years, I have worked on several tax-related issues. These are particularly interesting because they often involve finance- and strategy-related considerations. I also have worked recently on engagements involving breach of contract, insurance allocation, business interruption, securities litigation, market manipulation, and trade secret theft.
- What is it like collaborating with academic affiliates?
- I've learned a lot working with our affiliated experts. Doing so allows me to keep abreast with economic and financial research, which, for me, has been a big advantage of working in this industry. Consulting academic textbooks and journals, and discussing economic and finance topics with our affiliates, is not only interesting, but is also like an ongoing business school education. I enjoy that about my work.
- What do you do when you’re not in the office?
- Outside of work, I spend time with my wife and our two kids. I also like to squeeze in a game of squash whenever possible.