Energy, Climate & Natural Resources
Analysis Group offers expertise in energy, climate, natural resource, and agricultural economics. With deep experience throughout industry value chains, our practice provides consulting and expert testimony in litigation, administrative proceedings, and international disputes and arbitration; market design and economic impact advice; white papers and policy reports; and consulting and analytical support for strategic decision making. Our clients include law firms; producers, suppliers, and customers; regulatory commissions, government agencies, utilities, and system operators; nonprofit industry institutions and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs); and biotechnology firms, integrated food manufacturers, and mining and mineral businesses.
In the energy and climate sectors, our professionals help clients navigate the most pressing challenges businesses, regulators, system operators, and consumers face in the transition to a decarbonized energy system. We also provide power-system modeling, asset valuation, market design economics, economic impact analysis, and merger and litigation support involving traditional and renewable energy markets for clients including electricity providers, natural gas companies, municipal and private utilities, and system operators.
For agricultural and natural resource clients, we offer deep industry experience and economics expertise to inform development of policy positions and strategic decision making, and to support litigation arising in a variety of contexts, including antitrust matters, merger reviews, mass torts, and contractual disputes.
Our practice is distinguished by leading economic, academic, and industry experts who offer critical capabilities:
- Analytic and Policy Expertise: A roster of experts offering a unique combination of technical analysis and policy advisory support informed by direct industry, regulatory, governmental, and academic experience
- Litigation Experience: Extensive litigation expertise and testifying experience, which allow us to explain issues within complex industries in ways that are immediately accessible and relevant to judges, juries, regulators, and other legal stakeholders
- Experience Throughout the Value Chain: Experts with extensive regulatory and industry experience and a deep understanding of customers, suppliers, producers, electric and gas utilities, grid operators, marketers, industry organizations, foundations, and government agencies
- Q&A The Intersection of Law, Economics, and the Environment in Florida v. Georgia: A Discussion with Prof. Robert Stavins
- Featured Expert Susan F. Tierney Senior Advisor, Chicago
- AG Feature Investing Stimulus Dollars in Advanced Energy Could Boost Post-Pandemic Economies
- AG Feature Leveraging Cap-and-Trade’s Market Incentives in Climate Policies
- AG Feature Analysis Group Insights Featured in Law360
- AG Feature Insights into Current Trends: Energy Infrastructure