A wide range of clients rely on Analysis Group’s economic analyses in patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, and unfair competition litigation. Clients turn to us in these matters to help evaluate an extensive array of economic, financial, accounting, marketing, and licensing issues; to support expert testimony; and to provide testimony. We address issues such as consumer perception, demand drivers, substitution patterns, pricing behavior, value apportionment, cost structures, licensing practices, production capabilities, and incremental profit margins.
Many of our senior professionals are recognized as top experts in intellectual property (IP). We also work closely with highly distinguished experts at prominent universities and with leading industry experts to present innovative, fact-based analysis and testimony. Our experts provide testimony frequently in state and federal courts, in international and domestic arbitration, and before the International Trade Commission (ITC) and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
Outside the courtroom, we help corporate clients manage their intangible assets to achieve competitive advantage and growth through the valuation, transfer, and structuring of IP assets in business settings.
How We Serve Clients:
- Developing damages estimates, including lost profits, reasonable royalties, and unjust enrichment/ disgorgement of profits
- Evaluating economic issues arising in ITC Section 337 investigations, such as domestic industry, remedy, bond, injury, and public interest
- Designing and conducting surveys and market research
- Determining marketplace success and causal nexus as they relate to commercial success in district court, ITC, and PTAB matters
- Assessing compliance with FRAND obligations
- Evaluating irreparable harm, balance of hardships, and public interest in preliminary and permanent injunction requests
Our consultants have experience in litigation and arbitration involving all types of IP cases:
- Trade dress
- Trade secret
- Unfair competition
Our client work and academic research cover a wide range of technologies, products, and services, including:
- Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation
- Banking and Financial Services
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Software
- Consumer Electronics
- Consumer Products
- Energy and Environment
- Medical Devices
- News Ten Analysis Group Economists Recognized as Top Intellectual Property Expert Witnesses in IAM Patent 1000
In re: Certain Beverage Dispensing Systems and Components Thereof (ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-1130)
- Featured Expert David J. Reibstein William Stewart Woodside Professor of Marketing, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
MV3 Partners LLC v. Roku Inc., et al.
- Forum “Similar” but Not the Same: Charting the Course of Biosimilar IP Litigation in the US
Qualcomm Inc. v. Apple Inc. (patent infringement)