Valuation expertise is a core component of much of our work. Analysis Group delivers both technical proficiency and the practical experience in assessing the factors that influence values, and we apply a tailored approach to litigation and business strategy engagements for clients across practices and industries.
Our valuation work has ranged enormously: It has included valuing the rights to American Idol in connection with a tender offer, helping determine the value of patents associated with the manufacture of branded snack foods, valuing ownership of a manufacturer of aircraft components, and assessing derivative instruments whose values were tied to the performance of underlying mortgage-backed securities.
Our work has included valuation of:
- Financial Instruments – We are expert in applying sophisticated financial tools to value a variety of financial instruments, including options, swaps, and other derivatives and have significant experience in mortgage- and other asset-backed securities. Our experts also have applied their valuation skills in bankruptcy and insolvency matters involving fraudulent conveyance claims, successor liability, and private equity and venture capital transactions.
- Businesses – We have valued interest in numerous publicly traded companies as well as numerous privately held firms, including assessments of current assets, such as commercial real estate, product lines, operating divisions, and acquisition targets. Accurately assessing the value of a business enterprise is often a key part of our work in corporate transaction–related litigation.
- Intellectual Property – We bring extensive experience and state-of-the-art economic and financial techniques to bear in the valuation of all forms of intellectual property for our clients in industries such as biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, high technology, and media and communications. Our experts value numerous types of intellectual property, including patents, copyrights and trademarks, and trade secrets.
- Other Assets – Our valuation expertise extends to employee stock options, loan servicing, non-compete agreements, individual product features, and energy product capacity.
In re Bear Stearns Litigation
Lost Profits Damages: Principles, Methods, and Applications (first edition)Book co-edited by Analysis Group
Option Valuation of Peaking Capacity
- AG Feature Will Retail Debt and Financial Distress Continue to Grow?
- AG Feature Analysis Group Insights Featured in Law360
- Featured Expert Bruce A. Strombom Senior Advisor, Los Angeles