Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
Analysis Group has the multifaceted expertise required to support clients in a wide variety of matters involving environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices and reporting in today’s business world. We help clients address issues arising from the movement among investors, officers and directors, shareholders, and regulators to more closely examine the alignment of disclosures and investment strategies with nonfinancial criteria. Analysis Group’s integrated and complementary expertise in this area encompasses finance and accounting, energy and environmental economics, labor and employment, corporate governance, consumer behavior, and antitrust and mergers. Our economic, academic, and industry experts assess topics related to sustainability, diversity and inclusion, and risk management in regulatory investigations, strategy engagements, and litigation.
Our capabilities in this area include:
- Evaluating ESG disclosures for completeness, accuracy, and materiality in light of evolving norms and standards
- Assessing corporate marketing and sales practices with respect to ESG topics and claims of greenwashing
- Analyzing sustainability issues, as well as climate and environmental risks, in relation to various business practices
- Evaluating ESG-related investment criteria, policies, and processes, as well as the suitability and performance of ESG investments
- Assessing corporate decision making, including executive compensation and the roles and responsibilities of boards of directors
- Analyzing a company’s hiring practices in view of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) priorities
- Featured Expert John Chalmers Abbott Keller Professor of Finance, Lundquist College of Business, University of Oregon
Shareholder Derivative Suit Following an Operational Incident
- Featured Expert Eileen A. Kamerick CEO, The Governance Partners, LLC
- AG Feature ESG Investments and Disclosures in Today’s Corporate World: A Q&A with Christianna Wood
- Featured Expert Andrea Okie Managing Principal, Boston
Joseph C. Bamford, et al. v. Penfold LP, et al.