Analysis Group consultants and affiliates have provided litigation consulting and expert testimony on a variety of topics including the economic evaluation of government regulations in some of the largest international arbitrations to date. Topics include liability and damages analysis, corporate valuation, accounting research, and the valuation of intangible assets. We have worked on behalf of governmental agencies, as well as private corporations in matters before the ICC, ICSID, LCIA, UNCITRAL, and other arbitration institutions.
Our work in this field is varied, and has included disputes involving alleged violations of bilateral investment treaties; expropriation of various types of assets including intellectual property; securities and banking; tax and transfer pricing; competition; and energy. These disputes have involved parties in Europe, Canada, Mexico, South America, and Australia.
We have been retained by clients to assist in work including:
- Quantification of damages related to expropriation, breach of contract, and anticompetitive behavior
- Assessment of damages associated with sovereign debt restructurings
- Evaluation of the efficacy of regulations enacted by governments
- Economic and accounting analysis of investments
- Analysis of financial reporting under international accounting standards (e.g., IFRS)
- Analysis of cartel cases in the European Union and evaluation of fines in antitrust actions
- Calculation of lost profits
- Featured Expert Jeffrey A. Cohen Managing Principal, Chicago
- Forum Valuation in International Arbitration: A Growing Topic in Investor-State Disputes
- Featured Expert Bruce F. Deal Managing Principal, Menlo Park
Daiichi Sankyo and Ranbaxy Laboratories Damages Arbitration
- Featured Expert Andrew Metrick Janet L. Yellen Professor of Finance and Management, Yale School of Management
Postova Banka AS and Istrokapital SE v. The Hellenic Republic