Our consultants and affiliates have been at the forefront of numerous matters involving ERISA and pension performance–related issues. Analysis Group has worked on some of the largest ERISA-related litigations in recent years. We have examined investment suitability, evaluated company stock holdings, analyzed allegations of excessive fees, and consulted on matters specific to defined benefit pension plans.
Our Capabilities and Analyses
Some of our work includes:
- Assessing the reasonableness of the due diligence process used to select and monitor investment options, the investments selected for retirement plans, and the fees charged to plans and plan participants
- Examining equity analyst coverage on stock, institutional holdings in the stock, and new institutional investment in the stock when analyzing whether an investment plan’s assets were prudently managed
- Analyzing allegations of excessive fees charged to plan participants by the administrator of large, defined-contribution plans
- Analyzing allegations of mismanagement of pension assets, improper conversion of a defined benefit plan to a cash balance formula, and inadequate disclosures to participants
- Evaluating issues related to class certification and the economics of retirement plan products, as well as loss causation and damages issues
- Analyzing ERISA health care plan claims data to evaluate benefit payments and fees, in matters involving corporate, union, and government health insurance plans.
- Featured Expert R. Glenn Hubbard Dean; Russell L. Carson Professor of Finance and Economics, Columbia Business School
Analysis Group Managing Principal D. Lee Heavner Contributes to ABA Business Law Compilation
- Featured Expert D. Lee Heavner Managing Principal, Los Angeles
ERISA Class Action against Provider of Retirement Plan Services to Small- and Mid-Sized Plans
- AG Feature Economic Analysis in ERISA Litigation
The Board of Trustees of the Southern California IBEW-NECA Defined Contribution Plan et al. v. The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation et al.