Website Privacy Statement
© 2020 Analysis Group, Inc., ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Last Updated on August 31, 2020
SUMMARY. The website analysisgroup.com (the “Site”) is brought to you by Analysis Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies in Canada, Europe and China (collectively, “Analysis Group,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). This privacy statement (the “Privacy Statement”) is intended to inform you of our policies and practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information that you provide to us when you visit this Site. Please note that this Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected from you other than through this Site, although such information may be covered by other Analysis Group policies. This Privacy Statement is subject to occasional revision, and changes will be posted on https://www.analysisgroup.com/policy/. By your continued use of the Site thereafter, you consent to the amended version of this Privacy Statement. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or concerns about our Privacy Statement, please contact us at email@example.com.
- WHO WE ARE. Analysis Group, Inc. is a Massachusetts corporation located at 111 Huntington Avenue, 14th Floor, Boston, MA 02199 USA (Tel: 617-425-8000). Analysis Group acts as the data controller for the processing of personal data that you provide to us when you visit this Site, in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT. Analysis Group collects and uses Personal Data as described in this Privacy Statement. “Personal Data” (also known as personal information or personally identifiable information) is any information relating to you or that can lead to your identification, alone or in combination with other information, like your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc. By accessing our Site, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement and you expressly consent to the processing of your Personal Data according to this Privacy Statement.
- HOW DATA IS COLLECTED. As is true of most digital platforms, we collect certain information automatically when you visit our Site, including log file data, analytics data, and location data. When you communicate with us via our Site, we collect your Personal Data only if you provide it to us voluntarily. Portions of the Site may allow you to provide Analysis Group with Personal Data in order to contact us.
- USE OF PERSONAL DATA. The Personal Data we gather from you is used to provide you with information and materials about our products and services, as well as information about events, for hiring purposes, and for systems improvements and maintenance purposes, and may be shared with third party service providers as set forth in Section 7(B). Such processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent or another legal basis, and also may be necessary for the performance of a contract or furtherance of a business relationship between us. Analysis Group does not collect or maintain Personal Data for resale purposes, or share Personal Data with any other company or organization except as specifically disclosed herein.
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share your Personal Data with our subsidiaries or affiliated companies for the same purposes set forth herein.
- Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with certain third-party companies that we hire to perform services on our behalf, such as, but not limited to hosting or operating the Site and related software applications, sending and managing email, analyzing data, and providing search results.
- Business Transitions. We may share your Personal Data if all or part of Analysis Group is sold, merged, dissolved, acquired, or in a similar transaction. We may also share your Personal Data in the event of a prospective transaction, for purposes strictly related to the proposed transaction, including to determine whether to proceed with the transaction, subject to standard confidentiality agreements being put in place.
- INFORMATION WE TRACK.
- Cookies. Like many websites, we use "cookie" technology to collect additional website usage data and to improve the Site and our services. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. The cookie data we collect, directly or through third party partners, may include information such as your browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the webpages you visit, the search terms you use, and any files that you download. If you access the Site via a link contained within a marketing communication received from us, additional information may be collected by us or third party partners, such as your IP address. We allow certain third parties, like Google Analytics, to collect information about consumers directly through our Site. We do not sell any Personal Data to Google through Google Analytics. You may opt out of Google Analytics here.
- Log Data. When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, and type of device you are using to access the Site. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider, the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use Log Data to monitor the use of the Site and for the Site’s technical administration. We do not associate your IP address with any other personally identifiable information to identify you personally, except in the circumstances described in Sections 4 or 6.
- Do Not Track. Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the web sites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the Do Not Track signal, we do not currently respond to browser Do Not Track signals on the Site.
- ANONYMOUS INFORMATION. “Anonymous Information” means information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data and does not permit the identification of individual persons. Analysis Group may anonymize your Personal Data in order to generate information that does not identify you personally, and use it in the course of our activities, for any purpose, in our discretion.
- CHILDREN UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE. You should be aware that this Site is not intended for, or designed to attract, children under the age of 16 and as such, Analysis Group does not intentionally gather Personal Data about visitors who are under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, please do not use the Site or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete that personal information.
- OTHER WEB SITES. The provision of links to other web sites on the Site is for your convenience and does not signify our endorsement of such other web sites or their content. Analysis Group has no control over, does not review, and is not responsible or liable for these third party web sites or their content. Please be aware that the terms of this Privacy Statement do not apply to any third party web sites.
- SECURITY. While we are committed to protecting the Personal Data we receive from you and use reasonable measures to maintain the security of such information, no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with the transmission of information through online transactions, and you do so at your own risk. We are not liable for any loss, misuse or alteration of information on the Site by any third party.
- NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit CCPA Privacy Notice for California Residents. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request certain information about Analysis Group’s disclosure of their personal information to third parties for direct marketing by those third parties. If you are a California resident with questions about this, please contact us at DataIntake@analysisgroup.com. However, please know that we do not currently provide your Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS. Nevada residents who wish to exercise their right under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A to submit a request to opt-out of the sale of their personal information may submit their request at DataIntake@analysisgroup.com. However, please know that we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
- NOTICE TO EU RESIDENTS.
- TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA. Your Personal Data will be transferred to Analysis Group, Inc., established in the United States of America, to ensure appropriate global client management. Each of our European local subsidiaries has concluded standard data protection clauses with Analysis Group, Inc. Without prejudice to the foregoing, your Personal Data will not be transferred to third parties outside the European Union unless to third countries which were declared by the European Commission to ensure an adequate level of protection or, if it is not the case, if other appropriate safeguards are implemented.
- YOUR RIGHTS. You have the right to access, correct, complete or delete any Personal Data that we process about you, while acting as a data controller for the processing of such data. You have the right to transfer or have your Personal Data transferred easily from us to another organization (right to data portability). You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances. You have the right to object to any processing based on our legitimate interests where there are grounds relating to your particular situation. You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data for marketing purposes for any reason. If you want to object to receiving marketing communications, you can use the unsubscribe link contained in each such communication. If you wish to exercise any other right set forth in this section, please send an e-mail to DataIntake@analysisgroup.com together with proof of your identity. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner's Office in the UK, the Commission for the Protection of Privacy in Belgium, or the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés in France, should you consider that your above mentioned rights or any of your data protection rights have been violated by us in the course of our processing your Personal Data. However, we encourage you to first reach out to us at DataIntake@analysisgroup.com so that we understand your concerns and can find a solution together. Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
- NOTICE TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS.
- TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA. Your Personal Data will be transferred to Analysis Group, Inc., established in the United States of America, to ensure appropriate global client management.
- YOUR RIGHTS. You have the right to access, correct, complete or delete any Personal Data that we process about you, while acting as a data controller for the processing of such data. We may charge you a fee to access your Personal Data; however, we will notify you of any fee in advance if applicable. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances. If you wish to exercise any right set forth in this section, please send an e-mail to DataIntake@analysisgroup.com together with proof of your identity. In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, such as the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada and the Commission d’accès à l’information, as the case may be, should you consider that your above mentioned rights or any of your data protection rights have been violated by us in the course of our processing your Personal Data. However, we encourage you to first reach out to us at DataIntake@analysisgroup.com so that we understand your concerns and can find a solution together. Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.