Summer Analyst Intern
Summer analyst interns have the opportunity to work on complex business problems within an inclusive and collaborative environment. They are assigned to work on case teams to experience the role of an analyst and may work on multiple projects at a time across various practice areas and industries.
- Analyzing economic, financial, and health care data using algorithms and statistical programming in Java, Python, R, SAS, Stata, VBA, and other programs
- Conducting a range of health care economics analyses such as treatment patterns and outcomes, comparative effectiveness, cost effectiveness, and budget impact
- Developing data analyses using statistical methods and analytical tools including econometric estimation of models, survival analysis, and machine learning
- Creating dynamic visualizations to rapidly explore data and models
- Examining market and industry behavior through targeted research
- Reviewing and summarizing analyst reports and client documents
- Participating in meetings with academic experts and case team members
- Assisting in the preparation of expert reports and other client deliverables
We seek rising seniors and first-year master’s students in biostatistics, computer science, economics, epidemiology, finance, health economics, health policy, mathematics, public health, statistics, or related subjects. Our ideal candidates are students with a passion for using data and analytics to solve the economic and business challenges our clients face. Ideal candidates will also share in our firm values of delivering high-quality work through teamwork and collaboration, and will help nurture our culture of transparency, trust, and respect.
Learning and Development Opportunities
Onboarding and Training Programs: Analysis Group offers best-in-class learning opportunities for employees at all levels. We provide summer analyst interns with preparational training for case work, exposing them to both informational and social opportunities to get to know the role of a full-time analyst, learn more about the firm, and develop professional relationships.
Analytical and Coding Skills Development: We provide summer analyst interns with extensive training so they can develop the core analytical skills critical to their case work. Summer analyst interns will enhance their understanding of AG’s best practices in Excel, SAS, Stata, R, VBA, and Python.
Evaluation and Assessment: Concluding their internships, summer analyst interns are evaluated for the opportunity to return to Analysis Group as full-time analysts. If a summer analyst intern is offered a full-time position and accepts, the firm invests in their professional development and growth and provides multidimensional support for those who plan to apply to graduate school.
Ongoing Support: After a few years with the firm, full-time analysts often attend top M.B.A., J.D., Ph.D., or other master’s programs. Analysis Group provides financial sponsorship for high-performing analysts interested in pursuing a full-time degree and returning to Analysis Group, as well as to analysts interested in pursuing a part-time degree while continuing to work at Analysis Group. Many analysts who join AG with advanced degrees progress to the associate level.