Senior Analyst, San Francisco
- Why did you choose Analysis Group?
- I wanted the opportunity to work on a diverse set of cases in various practice areas and felt like AG had the best mix of HEOR (Health Economics and Outcomes Research) and market access and strategy cases. I also joined because of the people and the collaborative culture. Throughout the interview process, I was amazed at how nice and smart each person was, and the idea of a collaborative work environment made me excited to learn from such intelligent and driven people.
- What do you work on at Analysis Group?
- I work primarily on health care cases within HEOR and market access and commercial strategy.
- What got you interested in health care consulting?
- I wanted to work in a fast-paced environment on a wide variety of cases. Coming from a background in research, I wanted to continue analyzing data and building my technical skills, but also wanted the opportunity to think strategically about data from a different perspective.
- What new skills have you learned since joining Analysis Group?
- I have developed my skills in VBA in Excel, SAS, and other programming languages from both my training as a new analyst and during case work. I’ve also developed my medical writing skills and strategic thinking through my work on global value dossiers.
- What is it like to work on a case team?
- It’s really rewarding because you get to work closely with so many different people of different backgrounds and skillsets. It’s always a collaborative process communicating with case managers about ideas and questions, as well as working alongside other analysts to complete the assigned tasks.
- What do you think about Analysis Group’s collaborative culture? How does this benefit your work? Clients?
- Everyone I’ve worked with is really open to answering questions or hopping on a call to discuss an idea or problem you have, even outside of my specific case team. It benefits my work because I’m learning constantly from other analysts or case team members with more tenure, and it benefits clients because they are receiving high-quality work that has been thoroughly thought through on the case team. The collaborative environment starts the day you join AG, with help and guidance during your initial few weeks/months from your peer mentor.
- What do you do when you’re not working?
- I like to hike, play with my dog, and bake desserts! I also enjoy San Francisco office analyst events. We’ve gone to Napa and even had dinner at a Michelin-starred restaurant.