Vice President, Boston
- Why did you choose Analysis Group?
- I chose AG for a number of reasons, including the opportunity to work on diverse types of projects and to collaborate with academia. I also looked forward to the opportunity to work with smart colleagues, focus on research, and apply my Ph.D. skills.
- What do you enjoy most about your work? What do you find most challenging?
- I like that the variety of subject matter is broad; I’ve worked on topics including health care outcomes, health economics, statistical modeling, and machine learning. My work here is always intellectually stimulating, and I enjoy working with such smart and capable colleagues. The challenges have evolved over time. The main challenges are learning to communicate effectively, keeping up with the technical aspects, and managing projects well.
- Have you worked with any affiliates/experts? What was that experience like?
- Yes, I have worked with many. It’s always very interesting. Each affiliate has his or her own area of expertise and it’s fascinating to learn from leading experts in each field.
- What do you think of the case team dynamic? How do you foster collaboration?
- Case teams usually work very well together. Of course, staffing choices and clarity of roles are key. In general, people here are smart and curious. The general atmosphere is collaborative, and that is a great foundation to build on. It leads to more comprehensively high-quality case work and a better client experience, because those with the best expertise will weigh in even if they are not leading a project.
- What advice would you give to new staff joining AG?
- Learn as much as you can from your colleagues; don’t be afraid to seek their feedback frequently. Be careful not to overextend yourself. Build up skills regarding responsive communication, technical growth, and understanding others’ priorities.
- What do you do when you’re not working? How do you find a suitable work/life balance?
- I am pleased that AG’s hours are flexible, which allows me to spend time with family while also keeping clients happy.