Ph.D. and M.B.A., finance, The University of Chicago Booth School of Business; B.S., mathematics, The University of Chicago
Summary of Experience
A specialist in finance and securities, Dr. Wong has managed teams supporting academic and industry affiliates in litigation matters involving securities fraud, damages, bankruptcy, suitability analysis, portfolio management, mortgage lending practices, accounting analysis, market manipulation, and financial statement analysis. He has extensive experience analyzing fixed-income instruments, structured finance instruments, and credit derivatives. Dr. Wong has worked on and provided testimony in government regulatory investigations. His recent engagements include work in legal disputes related to structured finance instruments, including residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) and collateralized debt obligations (CDOs); securities lending; mutual funds and other commingled investment pools; corporate governance; and investment suitability claims. He has also worked on valuation, class certification, and intellectual property matters.
Dr. Wong joined Analysis Group from Chicago Partners in 2006, and has played an instrumental role in the development and growth of the firm’s Chicago practice. He is a member of the American Finance Association and has published research on bankruptcy and the financing of new firms. Dr. Wong is a board member of One Million Degrees, a Chicago-based nonprofit organization.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota et al v. Wells Fargo Bank N.A.
- Confidential Securities Lending Litigations
- Debt Covenant Litigations Involving Caesars
- Endless River Technologies LLC v. TransUnion LLC
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation as Receiver for Vantus Bank v. Officers and Directors of Vantus Bank
- In re Reorganization Plan for Spectrum Brands
- The Board of Trustees of the Southern California IBEW-NECA Defined Contribution Plan et al. v. The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation et al.
- Veleron Holding, BV v. BNP Paribas SA et al.
- Western & Southern Life Insurance Co et al v Bank of New York Mellon
Forecasting Corporate Failure: Understanding Statistical and Theoretical Approaches to Bankruptcy Prediction
AIRA Journal, Vol. 29, No. 1
Wong A, Danilov K
Angel Finance: The Other Venture Capital, in Companion to Venture Capital
Venture Capital: Investment Strategies, Structures, and Policies
Angel Finance: The Other Venture Capital
Strategic Change, Volume 18 Issue 7-8 (2009), Pages 221 - 230
Wong A, Bhatia M, Freeman Z