Tracy (Danner) Offner
M.B.A., Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College; B.A., economics, Boston College
Summary of Experience
Ms. Offner specializes in the application of consumer behavior and marketing research methods to litigation matters and strategic business problems. Her experience encompasses issues related to intellectual property (IP), telecommunications, and commercial disputes and damages matters. She has supported academic affiliates in all phases of the litigation process, including preparation of expert reports, depositions, and trial testimony. Ms. Offner has extensive experience in the development, administration, and analysis of surveys in false advertising and IP litigation matters. She has also assisted clients in cases involving the alleged impact of a stigma on consumers’ valuations of properties, the potential for consumer confusion due to trademark infringement, the impact of advertisement claims on consumer purchase behavior, and competitive interactions between firms from the consumer perspective. In these and other litigation matters, she has supported marketing authorities in designing, implementing, and evaluating survey and other data-driven approaches.
Ms. Offner has also provided litigation support in a variety of telecommunications, regulated utilities, and securities matters. Her engagements have involved modeling the economic incentives of high-speed internet service providers to retain copyright-infringing subscribers, and evaluating the economic and financial feasibility of municipal takeovers of investor-owned water utilities in California. Ms. Offner also has experience estimating potential exposure across a wide variety of mortgage-backed securities lawsuits and mediations, and has submitted a declaration on this topic.
- Application of California-American Water Company for Authorization to Modify Conservation and Rationing Rules, Rate Design, and Other Related Issues for the Monterey District
- BMG Rights Management et al v Cox Communications
- City of Claremont v. Golden State Water Company
- Cotromano, et al. v. United Technologies Corp., et al. and Adinolfe, et al. v. United Technologies Corp.
- SNMP Research International, et al. v. Nortel Networks, et al.
- Sony Music Entertainment, et al. v. Cox Communications, Inc., et al.