Defined Benefit Plans
We have experience both in litigation and consulting on matters specific to defined benefit plans. Our work has included measuring a plan’s liabilities, evaluating whether cash balance plans were discriminatory, and assessing the fees and benefits offered under employee welfare plans.
We have examined issues related to allegations of:
- Imprudent mismanagement of plan investment options
- Failure to adhere to plan investment guidelines and risk tolerances
- Inappropriate risk monitoring
- Selection of imprudent investments for securities lending collateral portfolios
- Improper conversion to cash balance plans
- Cash balance pension plan discrimination on the basis of age
- Inadequate disclosure to plan participants regarding changes to a retirement plan
Taming a Whale Lurking in Pension FinancingPensions & Investments, August 2010"
Confidential ERISA Litigation
Richard Duhaime v. John Hancock Mutual Life Insurance Company
- AG Feature Economic Analysis in ERISA Litigation
Rabin v. MONY Life Insurance Company