Tax & Accounting
Our professionals draw on Analysis Group’s long-established leadership in financial analysis, intellectual property, and valuation to address the most challenging tax and accounting-related issues. We have assessed tax liability and exposure related to tangible investments, and have analyzed complex intracompany pricing issues. On behalf of government clients, we have assessed tax shelters within the context of Department of Justice and Internal Revenue Service investigations.
In litigation, regulatory investigations, valuations, and other matters, we frequently work with electronic accounting data, auditors’ work papers, and internal accounting/financial records to understand what actually happened to a firm’s financial position, revenues, costs, and/or profits. This often involves comparing actual outcomes with scenarios of what would have happened had management made different decisions.
Analysis Group has analyzed whether:
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) were correctly applied
- A material adverse event occurred
- Valuation of corporate entities and financial instruments for tax purposes were accurate
- An audit was conducted in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS)
- An entity made proper disclosure in accordance with SEC regulations
- An investment instrument has a reasonable upside relative to other potential investments
- Restatements and/or adjustments to a firm’s financial statements would affect the firm’s stock price in a material manner
- A firm’s costs and/or profitability reflected unfair competition
- Impairment of various assets occurred
- An entity met balance sheet and cash flow solvency standards
- A transaction or information was material to a reasonable investor
- Featured Expert R. Jeffrey Malinak Managing Principal, Washington, DC
Lost Profits Damages: Principles, Methods, and ApplicationsBook co-edited by Analysis Group
- Featured Expert R. Glenn Hubbard Dean; Russell L. Carson Professor of Finance and Economics, Columbia Business School
- AG Feature Will Retail Debt and Financial Distress Continue to Grow?
Chemtech Royalty Associates L.P. v. United States of America
- Forum The Cost of Disclosure: Audit Fees and Liability Claims May Be on the Rise