Director, Office Administration, Boston
- What was your career path to Analysis Group?
- My background is in financial services, where I spent about 20 years in a large global corporate environment. My roles varied tremendously, but I primarily operated within the administrative side of the company: sales, marketing, training and development, and relationship management. During my interview process here, I really appreciated that AG’s values aligned with what I was looking for in a role and a workplace. The culture of the firm and the focus on collaboration was meaningful to me.
- What was it like joining Analysis Group?
- It was a pleasure right from the start. Having the flexibility to navigate through my role, and being welcomed by different people in different departments across all levels, felt very genuine and has also helped me to be successful in collaborating across the firm.
- What types of projects do you work on?
- As a director of office administration, I have both local and firm-wide responsibilities. My Boston-based responsibilities include managing the local executive support team, which is comprised of 11 executive and senior administrative assistants who support roughly 29 partners and 27 vice presidents in the Boston office.
Across the firm, I serve as co-advisor to our global team of office managers. We collaboratively lead the strategy, design, implementation, and evaluation of processes and systems to increase AG’s overall administrative and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- How do you find a suitable work/life balance?
- I remind myself to practice what I preach to my team members – the importance of regularly finding that work/life balance. I try to do this by shutting down at a reasonable time in the evening, reducing or eliminating any email traffic over the weekend, and disconnecting while on vacation, to recharge and come back with a fresh perspective. I’m not perfect, but I do strive for all of the above and, most importantly, to be present for my family during those off-hours.