Managing Principal, Montreal
- What is the most rewarding aspect of your career at Analysis Group?
- The greatest thing about my career at AG is that I am able to work on challenging and exciting projects while still spending time with my family. I have two children at home, and AG has been wonderful about working with me and my schedule. It is important for me to maintain a good work/life balance and spend time with my family. AG’s culture is flexible, and people appreciate hard work regardless or the timing of the hours you keep.
- What sets Analysis Group apart from its competition?
- The people truly set AG apart from the competition. We are also fortunate to work on a large variety of cases – often working closely with other offices. The firm culture is based on trust and respect, and generates a team environment that is dynamic and motivating.
- What advice would you offer to someone joining Analysis Group?
- Find your own pace and enjoy what you are doing. Take a chance to try different things and work with different teams before specializing in a specific type of work.
- What do you do at Analysis Group?
- I am a managing principal in the Montreal office. My work focuses on a wide variety of cases involving mostly litigation support and finance. In my cases, I specifically work on the application of statistical analysis and quantitative techniques. I enjoy using state-of-the-art tools, such as machine learning algorithms, to solve real-life problems.
- How did you get to your current position?
- I majored in mathematics as an undergraduate and received my master’s in financial mathematics from Princeton. I have always enjoyed applied math, and after graduating from Princeton I moved to Montreal and started working at a research group called CIRANO. After a few years at CIRANO, I felt ready for the next step in my career. I heard great things about Analysis Group through a colleague and have been happy with my decision to come here ever since. I had the opportunity to work on current and exciting cases involving, for example, Bear Stearns’s hedge funds, Microsoft’s search engine, and Samsung’s patent dispute with Apple. The firm’s structure gave me the opportunity to challenge myself, take ownership of the projects I worked on, and quickly progress within the firm.
- What are some highlights from your time at Analysis Group?
- In addition to working on large U.S. litigation cases, I have very much enjoyed working with experts Marcel Boyer and Pierre Fortin on a few Canadian cases. With Pierre Fortin, for example, I worked on a case that focused on environmental issues, which I found very rewarding. I also testified with Marcel Boyer recently in front of the Copyright Board of Canada, which was both exhilarating and nerve-wracking.
- What hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of work?
- Spending time with my family, being outdoors, building forts for snowball fights in the winter (which we get a lot of here), and currently helping my son and daughter build their dream modded Minecraft server.