Lisa B. Pinheiro
M.Fin., mathematical finance, Princeton University; Licence en sciences mathématiques, Université Libre de Bruxelles
Summary of Experience
Ms. Pinheiro has an extensive background in quantitative analysis and data science, which she has applied to various practice areas, including finance, intellectual property, biostatistics, and antitrust. In finance, she focuses on cases involving allegations of market price manipulation, misleading communications, excessive mutual fund fees, and mortgage-backed securities litigation. In particular, she has been retained by the US Department of Justice, regulatory agencies, banking institutions, and market exchanges to consult, advise, and testify on matters involving allegations of spoofing and price manipulation, as well as corresponding detection approaches. She has also applied survey analysis and statistical modeling to various intellectual property cases, including patent disputes among smartphone manufacturers, copyright tariff setting for musical works, and patent infringement in the pharmaceutical industry. She has extensive experience analyzing clinical trial, registry, and insurance claims data for both litigation and research purposes and has published manuscripts on pharmacoeconomic issues. In the antitrust field, she has acted as an expert and supported other experts in class certification and price-fixing matters involving a wide range of industries, including online search engines, computer chips, liquid-crystal display (LCD) panels, airline ticketing services, gaming, and grocery stores. Ms. Pinheiro has also coauthored expert reports and testified on questions relating to the modeling and calculation of royalties and damages.
Prior to joining Analysis Group, Ms. Pinheiro served as executive director of the finance group of CIRANO, where she conducted applied research projects in collaboration with private and public partners, including work on hedge funds, style analysis, credit and operational risk, and the development of integrated risk management tools for practical applications.
- Apple v. Samsung Injunction Ruling (December 2012)
- Apple v. Samsung Injunction Ruling (July 2014)
- Apple v. Samsung Trial (May 2014)
- Assessing Adverse Events
- Assessing Health Care Patent Infringement Claims
- Bone Care International v. Roxane Labs, et al.
- ContentGuard Holdings Inc. v. Google Inc.
- SimpleAir v. Google, et al.
- Tribunal de commerce francophone de Bruxelles - Patrinvest v. SA Ageas
- United States v. Cioffi
- United States v. Mark David Radley, et al.
Combining the Power of Artificial Intelligence with the Richness of Healthcare Claims Data: Opportunities and Challenges
PharmacoEconomics, March 8, 2019
Decision Making in a World of Comparative Effectiveness Research
Law360, June 8, 2016
Law360, September 22, 2016
Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, November 2008
Managed Care Interface, October 2007
May 16, 2015
December 2, 2016
November 25, 2020
June 3, 2021
October 29, 2021
October 29, 2020
June 30, 2020
March 13, 2019
- AG Feature Machine Power: Applications of Natural Language Processing in Economic Consulting
- News New York Fed Research Conference on FinTech Features Analysis Group Managing Principal Lisa Pinheiro on Big Data and Machine Learning
- Health Care Bulletin Artificial Intelligence Can Open the Door to Better Learning, Better Care, and Better Coverage
- Health Care Bulletin Making More Precise Health Care Decisions with Machine Learning
- AG Feature Using Machine Learning in Litigation
- Health Care Bulletin Machine Learning Algorithms in Health Care Litigation