Vice President, Boston
- Why did you choose Analysis Group?
- Analysis Group's strong emphasis on cutting-edge epidemiological methods in the health care practice greatly influenced my decision to work here. I wanted to apply the skills I had gained in my epidemiology doctoral program towards real-world health care problems. Although I decided not to continue in an academic career, it was important to me to have the ability not only to apply my analytical skills in my chosen career path, but also to continue to develop them further.
- How does life at Analysis Group compare to grad school?
- Life at Analysis Group is definitely more fast-paced than graduate school! For me, one of great things about working at Analysis Group is actually its similarity to the most enjoyable aspects of graduate school. Our approach to cases is very academic – we follow a similar, scientific-style research process from proposal to publication. We often work with clinical and academic experts, so there are plenty of opportunities to discuss ideas and learn from great minds in the field.
- What new experiences have you had since joining Analysis Group?
- Coming straight from graduate school, working with clients has been a new experience for me. I have steadily seen my confidence grow in client calls and communication, with the support of my case managers and other mentors at Analysis Group.
- What do you think of the case team dynamic?
- Being part of a case team is definitely a highlight for me. Every day I get to work closely with talented colleagues across the company, from analysts to managing principals. All ideas are encouraged and appreciated, which makes you feel like a valued member of the team. Analysis Group’s collaborative structure, though formal in terms of titles, allows for everyone on the case team to actively participate.
- How does Analysis Group’s collaborative culture benefit your work?
- The immensely collaborative work environment allows me to continue to learn from my colleagues, and it ensures that I never feel isolated or stuck. This gives me the confidence to tackle new and unknown analytical problems. For our clients, Analysis Group's collaborative culture means that no matter what problem they present, we can lean on our knowledgeable colleagues across the firm for advice. In my experience, this advantage is unique to Analysis Group.