Senior Data Scientist, Boston
- What do you work on at Analysis Group?
- As a member of the data science team, I often work on projects that offer interesting challenges from a technical perspective. Some of the highlights have included working on developing efficient algorithms and pipelines to process some of AG’s largest datasets, and using machine learning and heuristics to aid in natural language understanding tasks.
- What do you enjoy most about your work? What do you find most challenging?
- I enjoy creating solutions that employ machines to do intelligent things with data to save many human hours of tedious and laborious work. The biggest challenge is being able to quickly acquire the contextual background necessary to fully understand the problems at hand. A deep understanding of the problem is what enables the implementation of appropriate solutions.
- What new experiences have you had at Analysis Group?
- There is something wonderfully refreshing about having the freedom to engage in projects that most closely match your skill set and interests. I’ve also learned about cloud computing and bash scripting.
- What is it like to work on a case team?
- Working on a case team is a truly special experience. The collaborative nature of the work lends itself well to organic knowledge-sharing. It’s almost impossible not to broaden your knowledge base.
- What is it like to work in your office? What is the culture there?
- I have found the Boston office to be warm and welcoming. My colleagues are extremely helpful and approachable, and the caring for each other extends beyond the tasks of the day. There is a genuine sense of community, and everyone strives to make the workplace environment pleasant and enjoyable for all members of the AG family.
- What do you think about Analysis Group’s collaborative culture? How does this benefit your work? Clients?
- Collaboration is a cornerstone of the firm’s success. I believe that there is strength in numbers, and that we are at our best when we pool knowledge and resources to solve problems. Through close collaboration, we are able to reach new heights and constantly find innovative solutions to challenging problems.
- What do you do when you’re not working?
- I love to play football (you call it soccer) with friends, and I enjoy cooking.