Bruce E. Stangle
Ph.D., applied economics, and M.S., management, MIT Sloan School of Management; B.A., English, Bates College
Summary of Experience
A co-founder of Analysis Group, Inc., Dr. Stangle is an economist specializing in the fields of industrial organization and finance. He has over 40 years of experience directing large research projects in numerous industries on issues related to antitrust, regulation, bankruptcy, ERISA, and securities matters, and has consulted to firms on various management, strategy, and policy issues. Dr. Stangle has provided testimony on class certification, market definition, entry conditions, competitive effects, securities valuation, and damages. He is an outside member of the board of directors of Wellington Trust Company, NA, a money management firm, and a trustee emeritus of Bates College. Dr. Stangle also occasionally serves on the boards of startup firms, and was formerly a director of a mutual fund and a venture capital firm.
Provided Expert Testimony
- AT&T v. United States of America
- ERISA Class Action against Provider of Retirement Plan Services to Small- and Mid-Sized Plans
- Scalia v. WPN Corp., et al.
- Surface Transportation Board: STB Ex Parte No. 664 (Sub-No. 1)
- Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. v. Airgas, Inc.
- Biotechnology Stock Drop Matter
- Corporate Partners v. Coopers & Lybrand
- In re Bear Stearns Litigation
- In re Marsh ERISA Litigation
- In re: Alere-Abbott Merger Litigation
- Liberty Media v. IAC/InterActiveCorp.
- Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. v. Vulcan Materials Company
- Raymond Road Associates (Blue Back Square) v. Taubman Centers
- Rohm and Haas Co. v. The Dow Chemical Co.
- SLM Corporation (Sallie Mae) v. J.C. Flowers II L.P.
- WalMart et al. v. Visa and MasterCard
State vs. Local Management of Pension Assets: Effects of the Massachusetts Chapter 68 Public Pension Reform
The Journal of Retirement, 2020
White Paper, January 2006