Ph.D., business administration (finance), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; B.S., finance, Virginia Tech
Summary of Experience
Dr. Cliff is a financial economist with expertise in a range of topics, including asset valuation, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), tax shelters, stock analysts’ recommendations, IPOs, real estate investment trusts (REITs), derivatives, and hedge funds. He has extensive experience with large financial datasets, sophisticated econometric models, and simulations. In his consulting engagements, Dr. Cliff has addressed damages modeling, class certification, business and asset valuation, analysis of complex financial structures, analysis of solvency and debt covenants, evaluation of investment strategies, and assessment of due diligence practices. In these assignments, he has managed large case teams, designed and performed analyses supporting export reports, critiqued opposing expert reports, and assisted with preparation for depositions and trial. Dr. Cliff has also served as an expert on cases involving valuation, damages, and liquidity discounts. Prior to joining Analysis Group, Dr. Cliff was a finance professor for nine years at Purdue University and Virginia Tech, where he taught a variety of courses at the undergraduate, M.B.A., and Ph.D. levels. His academic research has been published in leading journals such as the Journal of Finance, the Journal of Business, and Financial Management.
- Analysis of Investment Performance
- Huff Fund Investment Partnership v. CKx, Inc.
- In Re Appraisal of Dell Inc
- In re Appraisal of PetSmart Inc 2017 BL 177567 Del Ch No 10782
- In re: Appraisal of Jarden Corp.
- In re: Appraisal of Solera Holdings, Inc.
- South Carolina Electric & Gas Company Preliminary Injunction Hearing and Rate Proceeding
- US Commodity Futures Trading Commission v. Donald R. Wilson and DRW Investments, LLC
- Veleron Holding, BV v. BNP Paribas SA et al.
Law360, October 10, 2019
November 12, 2020
November 21, 2019
October 18, 2019
January 11, 2019
August 02, 2018