Ph.D. and M.A., economics, University of Connecticut; B.A., international business, Beihang University
Summary of Experience
Dr. Dawson specializes in applying economics and finance to complex problems in business litigation, including intellectual property (IP), false advertising, securities, and finance matters. Her experience spans several industries, from medical devices and high tech to telecommunications and accounting. Dr. Dawson has consulted to counsel in all phases of the litigation process, including understanding complex claims, assisting with fact and expert discovery, and providing trial support. She has served as an expert witness on matters involving false advertising, breach of contract, and copyright infringement. Dr. Dawson’s case work has involved complex data analysis, development of financial models, general damages assessment, evaluation of lost profits, royalty, and other damages remedies in IP and false advertising matters, ascertainment of loss causation and damages in securities fraud matters, and financial statement analyses. She has spoken at various conferences and served as a panelist on the topics of platform economics and IP damages.
- Batsheva Ackerman et al. v. The Coca-Cola Company and Energy Brands Inc.
- Bedrock Computer Technologies, LLC v. Google Inc.
- Bedrock Computer Technologies, LLC v. Yahoo!
- Colgate v. Procter & Gamble Company
- Evan Weiner et al. v. Snapple Beverage Corporation
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation as Receiver for Vantus Bank v. Officers and Directors of Vantus Bank
- Fresh Del Monte Produce, Inc. v. Del Monte Foods Co., et al.
- In re: Starz Stockholder Litigation
- Panjing Dongxing Oil Well Measure Service Co. Ltd. v. PetroChina Inc.
- SP Syntax (Silver Point Capital, L.P.) v. Ernst & Young, LLP
- The Board of Trustees of the Southern California IBEW-NECA Defined Contribution Plan et al. v. The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation et al.
- Tyco Healthcare Group LP, et al. v. Ethicon Endo-Surgery Inc.
Journal of Managed Care and Specialty Pharmacy. 2017;23(2):225-235
Assessment of real-world central nervous system events in patients with advanced prostate cancer using abiraterone acetate, bicalutamide, enzalutamide, or chemotherapy
American Health and Drug Benefits. 2017;10(3):143-152
Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, February 2008
Dawson N, Segerson K