Mergers & Acquisitions
Using state-of-the-art merger analytics, we have evaluated the competitive effects of mergers and acquisitions in many high-profile matters involving airlines, health care, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, media, supermarkets, and chemicals. Our experts have worked on behalf of clients in front of competition authorities and have also provided economic analyses for agencies including the US Department of Justice, the Federal Trade Commission, and the Federal Communications Commission, as well as the Canadian Competition Authority and other international authorities. We have helped evaluate transactions before various competition authorities in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Latin America, Europe, and Australia.
Our affiliated and internal experts have undertaken analyses of mergers and acquisitions to assess many factors, including:
- Market definition
- Market power
- Unilateral and coordinated effects
- Pass-through of efficiencies
- Barriers to entry
As needed, we have relied on a range of analytical techniques, including event studies, bid analysis, critical loss analysis, upward pricing pressure analytics, and merger simulation.
With our global network of competition specialists, we are able to offer clients a full spectrum of support for transborder and transatlantic competition matters.
US et al. v. Anthem Inc. et al.
- Featured Expert David Dranove Walter J. McNerney Distinguished Professor of Health Industry Management; Professor of Management and Strategy, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Publishing United States: Platform Economics and Mergers Global Competition Review, Digital Markets Guide, Edition 1, November 2021
- AG Feature The “Tyranny of Market Shares”: Incorporating Survey-Based Evidence into Merger Analysis
- Case Outcome AT&T Acquisition of DIRECTV – Survey of Consumer Preferences
- Featured Expert James Levinsohn Dean and Charles W. Goodyear Professor in Global Affairs, Yale Jackson School of Global Affairs; Professor of Economics and Management, Yale School of Management