Minh P. Doan
M.A., economics, Northwestern University; M.S., actuarial science, University of Iowa; B.A., mathematics and economics, Berea College
Summary of Experience
Ms. Doan specializes in the evaluation of economic damages in complex commercial disputes, including intellectual property (IP), class certification, antitrust, and breach of contract matters. She has extensive experience developing damages models and determining claimed lost profits and reasonable royalties in IP cases in the medical device, smartphone, computer hardware and software, automotive technology, and internet advertising industries. She has also managed case teams in numerous joint defense patent infringement engagements. Ms. Doan has expertise evaluating whether putative class members’ economic injury and damages can be determined on a class-wide basis in a broad range of cases, including Levi Jones, et al. v. ConAgra Foods Inc. and Evan Weiner, et al. v. Snapple Beverage Corporation. She has supported counsel in all phases of the litigation process, including discovery, expert reports, deposition, and trial preparation. Ms. Doan has been recognized as among the top economic experts for IP matters by Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) in the IAM Patent 1000, which identifies leading patent professionals around the globe.
- Bedrock Computer Technologies, LLC v. Google Inc.
- Bedrock Computer Technologies, LLC v. Yahoo!
- CEATS, Inc. v. Continental Airlines, Inc. et al.
- Convolve, Inc. v. Dell, Inc., Western Digital Corporation, Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, Inc., and Hitachi, Ltd.
- DDR Holdings, LLC v. Hotels.com, LP et al.
- ePlus Inc. v. Lawson Software Inc.
- Evan Weiner et al. v. Snapple Beverage Corporation
- Innovation Sciences, LLC v. Amazon.com, Inc., et al.
- Kenneth Hobbs v Brother International Corporation et al
- Levi Jones et al. v. ConAgra Foods Inc.
- Patent Infringement Matter Against E-commerce Retailer
- Personal Audio LLC v. Apple Inc.
- SP Syntax (Silver Point Capital, L.P.) v. Ernst & Young, LLP
- Toby Schechner, et al. v. Whirlpool Corporation
July 1, 2021
October 5, 2020
August 23, 2019