Minh P. Doan
M.A., economics, Northwestern University; M.S., actuarial science, University of Iowa; B.A., mathematics and economics, Berea College
Summary of Experience
Ms. Doan specializes in the evaluation of economic damages in complex commercial disputes, including intellectual property, class certification, antitrust, and breach of contract matters. Ms. Doan has extensive experience in developing damages models and determining claimed lost profits and reasonable royalties in various IP cases in the medical device, smartphone, computer hardware and software, automotive technology, Internet advertising, and other industries. She has managed case teams in numerous joint defense patent infringement engagements on behalf of multiple defendants. Ms. Doan has expertise in evaluating whether putative class members' economic injury and damages can be determined on a classwide basis in a broad range of cases, including Levi Jones et al. v. ConAgra Foods Inc. and Evan Weiner et al. v. Snapple Corporation. She has supported counsel in all phases of the litigation process, including discovery, expert reports, deposition, and trial preparation. She is an associate in the Society of Actuaries and worked in pension actuarial consulting prior to joining Analysis Group.
- Bedrock Computer Technologies, LLC v. Google Inc.
- Bedrock Computer Technologies, LLC v. Yahoo!
- CEATS, Inc. v. Continental Airlines, Inc. et al.
- Convolve, Inc. v. Dell, Inc., Western Digital Corporation, Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, Inc., and Hitachi, Ltd.
- DDR Holdings, LLC v. Hotels.com, LP et al.
- ePlus Inc. v. Lawson Software Inc.
- Evan Weiner et al. v. Snapple Beverage Corporation
- Kenneth Hobbs v Brother International Corporation et al
- Levi Jones et al. v. ConAgra Foods Inc.
- Patent Infringement Matter Against E-commerce Retailer
- Personal Audio LLC v. Apple Inc.
- SP Syntax (Silver Point Capital, L.P.) v. Ernst & Young, LLP