Elizabeth A. Eccher
Clinical Professor of Accounting, University of Illinois, Chicago
Ph.D., accounting and information systems, Northwestern University; M.S., industrial administration, Purdue University; B.A., economics, Dominican University
Summary of Experience
A specialist in accounting, financial analysis, and valuation, Dr. Eccher has served as an expert in commercial disputes involving the proper application of accounting principles. Her consulting experience includes interpretation and application of financial accounting standards and terminology, damages estimation for lost sales, cost analyses, business valuations, and financial analyses for transfer pricing. Dr. Eccher's work has spanned such industries as computer software, biotechnology, automotive, financial services, agriculture, retail, and utilities. Examples of her consulting work include calculating lost profits in breach of contract and unfair competition cases in the high-speed rail, software, and pharmaceuticals industries; analyzing complex transactions in tax litigation; and evaluating the materiality of financial statement disclosures in the financial services industry. Before joining Analysis Group, Dr. Eccher taught financial and managerial accounting at the Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Her research has been published in leading academic accounting journals.
- Adelphia Recovery Trust v. Bank of America, et al.
- AWG Leasing Trust v. United States of America
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota et al v. Wells Fargo Bank N.A.
- In re: Alere-Abbott Merger Litigation
- In the Matter of Lynn Tilton et al Before the US Securities and Exchange Commission
- Multiple Antitrust Litigations on Behalf of Large Semiconductor Manufacturer
- Postova Banka AS and Istrokapital SE v. The Hellenic Republic
- Proyectos y Construcciones Procisa v. Continental Tire of North America
- SEC Investigation into Accounting and Disclosure Practices