John R. Hauser
Sc.D., operations research, and M.S., civil engineering and electrical engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Summary of Experience
Professor Hauser's current interests include the development of new methods for rapid, usable marketing and product-development data obtained via the Web; automated marketing methods for the dynamic optimization of marketing tactics; new methods for targeting customer needs; setting strategic priorities for product development; metrics for product development; and customer satisfaction incentives for product development. He has consulted for a variety of corporations on product development, sales forecasting, marketing research, voice of the customer, defensive strategy, and R&D management. He is one of the founders of Applied Marketing Science, Inc., and has provided expert witness testimony regarding marketing research, willingness to pay, sales forecasting, product confusion, and other topics involving consumer behavior. Professor Hauser is president-elect of the INFORMS Society for Marketing Science. He has published numerous articles in leading marketing journals and has received awards for his outstanding scientific contributions, among them the American Marketing Association's Charles Coolidge Parlin Marketing Research Award and the Converse Award for contributions to the science of marketing. Professor Hauser is the coauthor of two textbooks, Design and Marketing of New Products (Prentice Hall) and Essentials of New Product Management (Prentice Hall).
Provided Expert Testimony
- Charles Tillage, et al. v. Comcast Corporation, et al.
- Malden Transportation Company, Inc., et al. v. Uber Technologies, Inc. and Rasier, LLC
- Molson Coors, LLC v. Anheuser-Busch Companies, LLC
- American Express v. Visa and MasterCard (and related litigations)
- Cotromano, et al. v. United Technologies Corp., et al. and Adinolfe, et al. v. United Technologies Corp.
- Federal Trade Commission v. Intuit Inc.
- Fox Broadcasting Company et al v. DISH Network LLC et al
- Microsoft California Class Action
- Netscape v. Microsoft
- Procter & Gamble Co. v. Haugen
- Product Liability Class Action: Treated Wood Products
- WalMart et al. v. Visa and MasterCard
August 23, 2022
May 3, 2022
December 16, 2021