Jeffrey H. Kinrich
M.B.A., finance and quantitative methods, University of Maryland; M.S., statistics, Stanford University; B.A., mathematics, Pomona College; CPA; ABV
Summary of Experience
Mr. Kinrich consults on cases involving financial and economic analysis, accounting, business valuation, statistics, and mathematical modeling. He has often testified on damages, valuation, and accounting issues in federal and state courts and other dispute resolution forums. Over his 40-year career, Mr. Kinrich has directed numerous large-scale analyses involving a broad range of litigation areas. A certified public accountant, he specializes in damage quantification and valuation in the areas of commercial litigation and intellectual property. He also has significant experience in many other areas of the law, including breach of contract, construction, fraud, antitrust, business interruption, marital dissolution, dealership disputes, and tax litigation. Mr. Kinrich has authored a number of publications on damages-related topics, and recently co-edited the book entitled Lost Profits Damages: Principles, Methods, and Applications. Before joining Analysis Group, he was with PricewaterhouseCoopers for 20 years.
Provided Expert Testimony
- Aramark Management, LLC, et al., v. Steve Borgquist, et al.
- Boeing Satellite Systems International Inc. v. ICO Global Communications (Operations) Ltd.
- Bouygues Telecom v. Tekelec
- Evergreen International Airlines v. Asiana Airlines
- Fantasy Cookie Corporation, et al. v. Harold Rothman, et al.
- Heuft Systemtechnik GmbH v. Industrial Dynamics Co., Ltd.
- Jeffrey I. Golden v. O’Melveny & Myers LLP, et al.
- Lincoln Electric Co., et al. v. Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.
- Morpho Detection Inc. v. Smiths Detection Inc.
- Mount Olympus Mortgage Company v. Anderson, et al.
- QC Manufacturing, Inc. v. Solatube International, Inc., et al.
- Resonate, Inc. v. Nortel Networks
- Rincon EV Realty LLC et al. v. CP III Rincon Towers Inc.
- Sargon Enterprises v. University of Southern California
- Slaughter v. Kohl
- The Citri-Lite Company v. Cott Beverages, Inc.
Lost Profits Damages: Principles, Methods, and Applications (second edition)
Valuation Products and Services, LLC, 2022
Kinrich J, Harry E
The Use of Surveys in Lost Profits Analyses
Lost Profits Damages: Principles, Methods, and Applications, second edition, 2022
Analysis of Cost Behavior
Lost Profits Damages: Principles, Methods, and Applications
Lost Profits Damages: Principles, Methods, and Applications (first edition)
Book co-edited by Analysis Group
Kinrich J, Harry E
Risk and Economic Damages: Theoretical and Practical Issues
Dunn on Damages, Issue 7, Summer 2012
Can a Reasonable Royalty Ever Be Zero?
Intellectual Property Today, May 2011
Kinrich J, Hsu M
Discount Rate, Risk & Economic Damages: Practical Considerations
Business Valuation Update, Vol. 15, No. 9, September 2009
Brinig B, Kinrich J
Intellectual Property Damages, Guidelines and Analysis
Mangum R, Kinrich J, Meister A
Litigation Support Report Writing: Accounting, Finance, and Economic Issues
Analysis and Measurement of Damages in Patent Infringement Actions
Preparing for Daubert Challenges in Antitrust Cases
Antitrust Section of the American Bar Association, Economic Committee Newsletter
Litigation Services Handbook: The Role of the Accountant as Expert Witness, 3rd ed.
Damage Measures in Patent Infringement Actions
Second Annual Institute for Intellectual Property Law
Damages on the Internet
Proceedings of the AIPLA Winter Conference
Conflicting Rulings About Conflicts
The Witness Chair
Economic Damages in Patent Infringement Cases
Forensic Accounting and Litigation Consulting Services
The Accountant's Handbook
March 20, 2023
March 24, 2015
February 9, 2016
September 25, 2018
March 18, 2019
May 13, 2020
December 18, 2020
January 18, 2022
February 8, 2022
February 7, 2022
January 5, 2022
July 1, 2021
June 14, 2021
June 15, 2020