M. Accounting, The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business; B.S.B.A., finance and accounting, The Ohio State University
Summary of Experience
Mr. Drum specializes in complex financial accounting and the application of finance and accounting theory to questions arising in commercial disputes, securities, and finance litigation. His litigation work has included complicated areas of GAAP, financial statement analysis, valuation, and disclosures. Mr. Drum has also provided analyses and led case teams in matters involving damages estimations, intellectual property disputes, executive stock options, proxy fights, mergers and acquisitions, contract disputes, and bankruptcies. He has provided business valuation expertise in numerous matters, including a Delaware appraisal matter. His work has covered a number of industries, including automotive, entertainment, software, real estate, steel, tobacco, food, energy, pharmaceuticals, retail, and financial services. Prior to joining Analysis Group, Mr. Drum was part of the accounting advisory and valuation services practices at KPMG, and was a postgraduate technical assistant at the Financial Accounting Standards Board. He is a certified public accountant and a Chartered Financial Analyst.
Provided Expert Testimony
- Corvex Management, et al. v. CommonWealth REIT, et al.
- Debt Covenant Litigations Involving Caesars
- Endless River Technologies LLC v. TransUnion LLC
- In re: Alere-Abbott Merger Litigation
- SEC Investigation into Accounting and Disclosure Practices
- Securities and Exchange Commission v. RPM International, Inc.
- Simon Property Group, Inc., et al. v. Taubman Centers, Inc., et al.
- US Securities and Exchange Commission v. Penn West Petroleum Ltd., et al.
Making the Right Call in Revenue Recognition
NACVA QuickRead, March 3, 2021
Accounting for the Coronavirus
Law Journal Newletters: Accounting & Financial Planning for Law Firms, August 2020
Drum J, Rutzen M
Allowances for Loan Losses Under the Transition to CECL During the Pandemic
The Banking Law Journal, 2020
Keeping covenants: Getting debt ratios right
Journal of Accountancy, June 01, 2018
February 2, 2023
December 14, 2022
January 26, 2021
October 28, 2020
August 11, 2020