Analysis Group has deep experience with the technology of a wide array of hardware products. We bring this expertise to bear in technology litigation matters and in economics- and finance-related cases in which a sophisticated knowledge of the technical aspect of hardware is essential. Our capability in this area has been a critical asset in matters dealing with the valuation of intellectual property, liability and damages arguments in antitrust cases, commercial disputes, and tax and transfer pricing matters, including litigation involving regulatory agencies and private companies.
Some of Analysis Group’s clients in hardware-related cases include firms such as Apple, Qualcomm, DIRECTV, Nortel, Intel, LG, Hitachi, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Toshiba, Microsoft, AT&T, and Verizon. We have particular experience with matters involving the manufacturing of semiconductors, printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs) and other computer system components, and automobile parts. We have also worked on behalf of regulatory agencies such as the US Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission.
We have analyzed and provided reports and testimony in regards to a number of hardware-related technologies, including:
- Graphics cards, hard drives, and liquid crystal displays
- Networks, switches, and routers
- Featured Expert Peter Finch Vice President, Boston
Convolve, Inc. v. Dell, Inc., Western Digital Corporation, Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, Inc., and Hitachi, Ltd.
- Featured Expert Mark DeYong Senior Physical Scientist, Naval Facilities Engineering and Expeditionary Warfare Center (NAVFAC EXWC)
Apple Inc. v. Qualcomm Inc. (antitrust)
- Featured Expert Willy C. Shih Robert & Jane Cizik Professor of Management Practice in Business Administration, Harvard Business School