R. Glenn Hubbard
Dean; Russell L. Carson Professor of Finance and Economics, Columbia Business School
Ph.D. and M.A., economics, Harvard University
Summary of Experience
Professor Hubbard is a leading expert in public economics, corporate and institutional finance, macroeconomics, and industrial organization. From 2001 to 2003, he served as chairman of the President's Council of Economic Advisers. A frequent speaker, Professor Hubbard has presented his research at economic conferences throughout the world. He has served as a consultant to several government and international agencies, including the US Department of Treasury, US International Trade Commission, the World Bank, board of governors of the Federal Reserve System, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and the Congressional Budget Office. Professor Hubbard has written more than 90 scholarly articles and has edited volumes on international tax policy and financial markets. He is the author of the widely used textbook Money, the Financial System, and the Economy and coauthor of The Mutual Fund Industry: Competition and Investor Welfare. Professor Hubbard was the 1998 recipient of the Western Finance Association's Best Paper Award for Corporate Finance.
Provided Expert Testimony
- Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. v. Airgas, Inc.
- Baker v. American Century Investment Management
- Basis PAC-Rim Opportunity Fund Index Master et al vs TCW Asset Management Company
- Chemtech Royalty Associates L.P. v. United States of America
- Corvex Management et al. v. CommonWealth REIT et al.
- Florida State Board of Administration v. Alliance Capital Management
- In re American Funds Fee Litigation
- In Re Appraisal of Dell Inc
- In re Oracle Securities Litigation
- In re: Appraisal of Solera Holdings, Inc.
- In the Matter of Lynn Tilton et al Before the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Parnes v. Bally Entertainment Corp.
- Postova Banka AS and Istrokapital SE v. The Hellenic Republic
- United States v. Cioffi
- United States v. Schiff
August 02, 2018
December 21, 2017
October 24, 2017
May 12, 2017
April 16, 2015