Bruce F. Deal
M.P.P., public policy, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University; B.A., economics and global studies, Pacific Lutheran University
Summary of Experience
Mr. Deal is director of the firm's Insurance practice and director of economic analysis in the Menlo Park, California office. He combines an economics and risk analysis background with many years of experience in economic, litigation, and management consulting. He has managed many assignments requiring complex economic analysis of publicly available and internal client information. Mr. Deal has served as an expert witness in various litigation matters, and has been retained as a neutral expert in a complex mediation. His work as an expert has covered a variety of practice areas, including antitrust, finance and securities litigation, damages, and business valuation. Mr. Deal's industry experience has included insurance, technology, telecommunications, health care, and others. He coauthored The Economic Effects of Federal Participation in Terrorism Risk with R. Glenn Hubbard, an Analysis Group academic affiliate and former chair of the President's Council of Economic Advisers. In addition, he coauthored a study, Economic Impact Analysis: Proposition 71 California Stem Cell Research and Cures Initiative, with Laurence Baker, an Analysis Group academic affiliate and Stanford University School of Medicine faculty member.
Provided Expert Testimony
- Augustus et al. v. American Commercial Security Services, Inc. et al. (ABM Security Services, Inc.)
- Class Action Sales Practices Litigation Surrounding Vanishing Premium Sales
- Class Action v. Allstate Insurance
- Class Action v. Horace Mann Life Insurance et al.
- Class Action v. Ohio National Life Insurance Company
- Confidential Regulatory Matter Involving Alleged Failure to Annuitize Variable Annuities
- Economic Report on California Proposition 71
- In Re Appraisal of Dell Inc
- In re Clarent Corporation Securities Litigation
- In re Class Action Lawsuits
- In re Oracle Securities Litigation
- In re Williams Securities Litigation
- In re: Appraisal of Solera Holdings, Inc.
- PeopleSoft v. Oracle
- Procter & Gamble Co. v. Haugen
- Sanjiv Goel MD, Inc. v. Blue Shield of California
- US Unwired Acquisition
- Washington State Hospital Association Medicaid Supplemental Payments Matter
Campaigns & Elections
Risk Management & Insurance Review September 2005 - Vol. 8 Issue 2 Page 177-303
Report Commissioned by Californians for Stem Cell Research and Cures
Ambulatory Health Care: Case Studies for the Health Services Executive
Deal B, Tiscornia JF
Analysis Group Experts File Amicus Curiae Brief Regarding a Pharmaceutical Manufacturer's Freedom to Withdraw a Branded Product from the Market Prior to Generic Entry
Class Action v. Horace Mann Life Insurance et al.
- Video Bruce Deal - The Intersection of Economic Analysis and Public Policy