Maureen M. Chakraborty
Ph.D., economics, University of Notre Dame; B.A., economics, Colby College
Summary of Experience
Dr. Chakraborty is an economist with an extensive background in finance, accounting, and valuation. She has been retained both as an expert witness and as a consultant in a number of matters involving structured finance transactions and derivative securities, securities litigation, insider trading, tax and transfer pricing issues, valuation, and solvency. Dr. Chakraborty has consulted and testified in matters involving investment and trading strategies, the disposition and sale of securities (including mortgage-backed structured products), securities price movements, and a number of topics related to the financial crisis. She has also provided analysis on matters involving mergers and acquisitions, auction pricing, the determination of royalties, oil price forecasts, and matters involving large datasets. Her work has involved the development of financial and economic models, and the valuation of equities, fixed-income assets, options, and companies in the financial services, energy, telecommunications, transportation, sports and entertainment, and pharmaceutical industries.
- Adelphia Recovery Trust v. Bank of America, et al.
- Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. v. Airgas, Inc.
- Calpine Corporation Bankruptcy Settlement
- Colgate v. Procter & Gamble Company
- GlaxoSmithKline Holdings (Americas) Inc. v. Commissioner of the IRS
- In re Reorganization Plan for Spectrum Brands
- In the Matter of Lynn Tilton et al Before the US Securities and Exchange Commission
- Official Committee of Asbestos Claimants v. G-I Holdings
- Rohm and Haas Co. v. The Dow Chemical Co.
- Twister Communications Network, Inc. v. MCI WorldCom Network Services, Inc.
- United States v. Cioffi
October 24, 2017