Maureen M. Chakraborty
Ph.D., economics, University of Notre Dame; B.A., economics, Colby College
Summary of Experience
Dr. Chakraborty is an economist with an extensive background in economics, finance, accounting, and valuation. She has been retained both as an expert witness and as a consultant in a number of matters involving equity and fixed income securities, valuation, solvency, fraudulent conveyance, and economic damages. Dr. Chakraborty has conducted analyses in matters involving bankruptcy, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), tax and transfer pricing, international arbitrations, fraud, and theft of trade secrets and misappropriation. Her work has involved the development of financial and economic models, the evaluation of large datasets, and the application of statistical methods to a variety of complex problems. She has worked on matters involving companies in many industries, including financial services, energy, retail, and pharmaceuticals.
- Adelphia Recovery Trust v. Bank of America, et al.
- Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. v. Airgas, Inc.
- Calpine Corporation Bankruptcy Settlement
- Colgate v. Procter & Gamble Company
- GlaxoSmithKline Holdings (Americas) Inc. v. Commissioner of the IRS
- In re Reorganization Plan for Spectrum Brands
- In the Matter of Lynn Tilton et al Before the US Securities and Exchange Commission
- Official Committee of Asbestos Claimants v. G-I Holdings
- Rohm and Haas Co. v. The Dow Chemical Co.
- Twister Communications Network, Inc. v. MCI WorldCom Network Services, Inc.
- United States v. Cioffi