Bruce A. Strombom
Ph.D., economics, University of California, Irvine; B.A., economics, San Jose State University
Summary of Experience
Dr. Strombom is an expert in applied microeconomics, industrial organization and finance. He specializes in the application of quantitative and statistical techniques to complex business litigation, the estimation of commercial damages, and the valuation of privately held companies. He consults with businesses and government entities and provides assistance to attorneys in all phases of pretrial and trial practice, prepares economic and financial models, and provides expert testimony in legal and regulatory proceedings. Dr. Strombom has conducted assessments of class certification, liability, and damages issues in cases involving antitrust, breach of contract, false advertising, intellectual property, labor and employment, product liability, securities, and general commercial disputes. In recent work he has determined the causes of business failures, evaluated the lending practices of mortgage originators and conducted a comprehensive assessment of claims of racial profiling by officers of the Los Angeles Police Department. He frequently values privately held companies and ownership interests in firms in a range of industries for both litigation and mergers and acquisitions. Prior to joining Analysis Group, Dr. Strombom was executive vice president of a middle-market merger and acquisition firm, where he managed a financial and market research organization that provided valuation services to over 500 privately held companies annually.
Provided Expert Testimony
- Coba, et al. v. Ford Motor Company
- In re OnStar Contract Litigation
- John Cepelak, et al. v. HP Inc.
- Johnette C. Alexander, et al. v. KIA Motors America, Inc.
- KIA Safety Class Actions
- LAPD Racial Profiling Analysis
- Lee, Conrad v. EPS Solutions Corporation
- Miriam Haskins, et al. v. First American Title Insurance Company
- New World TMT v. PrediWave
- Sunset Drive Corporation v. City of Redlands
- Value Drug Company v. Takeda Pharmaceuticals USA Inc., et al.
- Vitascan v. GE Healthcare
- Wellbutrin XL Antitrust Litigation
- Wildman v. American Century Services, LLC, et al.
- Drivers v United Parcel Services Inc
- In re FedEx Ground Package System Inc Employment Practices Litigation
- In re Managed Care Litigation
- Justice Department Investigation into Health Care Fraud
- LAPD Pedestrian and Motor Vehicle Stop Data Analyses
- Margie Daniel, et al. v. Ford Motor Company
- Paul B. Butler v. Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
- Securities and Exchange Commission v. Henry Yuen
Lost Profits Damages: Principles, Methods, and Applications (second edition)
Valuation Products and Services, LLC, 2022
Kinrich J, Harry E
Using Net Cash Flow versus Accrual Net Income
Lost Profits Damages: Principles, Methods, and Applications
Clark S, Strombom B
Assessment of Vancouver Energy Socioeconomic Impacts: Primary Economic Impacts
White Paper, July 2014
Use The Right Model For Auto Defect Suits
Law360, July 9, 2013
Pedestrian and Motor Vehicle Post-Stop Data Analysis Report
Report Prepared for City of Los Angeles
Alpert G, Becker E, Gustafson M, Meister A, Smith M, Strombom B
Competition and Title Insurance Rates in California
White Paper, January 2006
Switching costs, price sensitivity and health plan choice
J Health Econ 2002 Jan;21(1):89-116
Strombom BA, Buchmueller TC, Feldstein PJ
March 21, 2023
December 27, 2022
February 7, 2022